See something that may be a fit? Awesome!
Send us your resume, and if we feel the same way, we’ll give you a ring!
Medisoft Billing Specialist (Remote, Part-Time)
POSITION SUMMARY . We are seeking a medical billing expert to join our team to meet a greater demand for billing-related services and assist with the deployment and support of Practice Management (Billing) and EDI Clearinghouse services.
As a Billing Specialist, you will be our internal go-to resource for all matters related to medical billing to help the team take on a wide variety of challenges from training clients on common billing procedures, to resolving problems with clients claims and ERA processing, and potentially performing contracted billing services for medical practices. You will use your breadth of experience in billing operations, billing software, working knowledge of insurance (EDI) clearinghouses, problem solving, and interpersonal skills to effectively support and train users in a remote (help desk) environment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS .
- Minimum of 5 years work experience working in Medisoft Practice Management in a billing service or medical practice.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve customer issues – a resource that can understand the problem and resolve it with limited supervision.
- Open to learning new practice management (billing) software applications. Likes to learn and teach others how to use state-of-the-art billing platforms.
- Fluent and comfortable working in MS Office Suite and common desktop applications. Does not need to be a technical resource, just comfortable and efficient using standard PC applications.
- Organized – ability to document progress in a cloud-based ticketing system and stay on task to drive project to completion.
- Comfortable working in a support role – someone who can work with customers on the phone to resolve their issues either verbally or through remote access into the client’s system. Comfortable working side-by-side with Technical Support resources as necessary.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS .
- 4 years experience as a Billing Manager or working in a billing service agency on multiple client accounts.
- 2 years experience in a customer support role dealing directly with customers and resolving problems (help desk, customer support, etc.).
- 2 years experience in training and professional education in new software functionality.
OTHER DETAILS: * Normal Office Hours: 8:30AM to 5PM EST M-F.
- Job Type: Open to part-time or sub-contractor candidates. Part-time hours are flexible but a minimum average of 20 hours per week is required with the ability to work up to 40 hours when additional support is needed.
- Location: Remote
- Salary: $16.00 – $24.00 per hour. Commensurate with overall experience and fit with basic & preferred qualifications listed.
*If interested in applying, please submit your resume along with any special requirements.