See something that may be a fit? Awesome!
Send us your resume, and if we feel the same way, we’ll give you a ring!
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Technical Support Specialist
MARITEC MEDICAL SYSTEMS: We are an IT solutions provider specializing in software and services for small to medium sized physician practices. We offer deep experience in implementing and supporting Practice Management and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software solutions, in combination with a variety of services to help streamline the workflow of our customer’s practices. Our goal is to remove the burden of managing IT resources and meeting complex, compliance requirements, so our customers can focus on their patients. We are a small business established in 1988 with a new owner looking for the right people to help grow the business. If you’re looking for a challenging and flexible environment, somewhere you can impact the day-to-day business, Maritec might be the right place for you.
POSITION SUMMARY. The Technical Support Specialist position uses their broad knowledge of IT to setup, implement, and support Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software for medical practices. As a Support Specialist, you will be faced with a wide variety of opportunities and challenges that require you to use your knowledge of IT, problem solving/creativity skills, and interpersonal skills to effectively complete implementation projects and resolve customer calls.
- A people person – someone who is dynamic, adaptable and engaging with customers who need assistance
- Broad knowledge of IT including computer hardware, software, operating systems, and network applications for troubleshooting. Able to diagnose and resolve hardware hard drive issues, memory problems, drivers, etc o Able to perform domain installation including DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy. Fluent in all Microsoft-supported Windows OS. Fluent in common desktop software: MS Office Suite, Email servers, Backup suites
- A minimum of 2 years in a call center, inbound or outbound, handling technical support for Windows and Mac operating systems, anti-virus, software drivers, and desktop assist software.
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably resolve customer issues in both on-site and remote locations. • Familiarity with remote support tools such as ScreenConnect, TeamViewer, etc.
- Highly organized behaviors with an ability to document progress and stay on task to drive project to completion. The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines is a must.
- Associates Degree with 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Experience with Medisoft Practice Management (patient accounting) and EMR software
- Knowledge and experience in managing network applications (Ethernet – LAN/WAN, Wireless) with the leading hardware providers (Cisco, NetGear)
- Familiarity working with hosted web service providers (Amazon Web Services)
- Knowledge of database management systems (SQL, Advantage, Ctree)
- Experience using and/or developing processes and tools to manage department projects, manage change orders, and develop cost efficiencies
- Bachelor degree in technical field with 2 years of relevant work experience
- Normal Work Hours: 8:30AM to 5PM M-F
- Salary: Depending on education level and relevant work experience.
- Travel: < 2% of the time.